You may have noticed an influx of content (posts, pages, etc.) related to wp-SwimTeam and wonder where it came from. For the past four years I have been developing, enhancing, supporting, etc. a WordPress plugin called wp-SwimTeam. This plugin can be used to manage the registration, volunteers, participation, and other aspects of running a youth swim team. Several groups have used it for Masters Swimming as well but it is targeted at youth swim teams.
I first started wp-SwimTeam to support our local neighborhood team when my wife was the swim team chair. Over the years it grew in features to the point where it was fairly comprehensive. My children no longer swim and my involvement in swim team has largely ended but I still maintain my plugin because (a) people use it and (b) I still feel it serves a need and it doesn’t take much of my time to continue supporting it.
I have always had a separate web site for wp-SwimTeam but over time that came to make less and less sense. In fact, I had some people contact me on this site and some on the other site so I had questions and solutions on both sites. I decided that I would migrate everything here So I exported all of the content and then imported it. There were a few hiccups, mostly around downloads but I think everything else came over ok.
The old URL redirects to the wp-SwimTeam page on this site. From time to time you may see updates for wp-SwimTeam or phpHtmlLib in addition to the normal flow of information on Email Users and WordPress Google Form.
I have posted WordPress Google Form v0.59-beta-1 in response to a request to have the ability to preset form values by passing a parameter as part of the WordPress URL. This is an interesting request so I did some work on it this morning and it turned out it wasn’t to difficult to implement.
Much like custom field validation and presets, this new functionality builds upon the name of the field that you want to preset. Google has a way to preset values, the field name is passed as a parameter with a value. This new functionality does much the same but pulls it back to WordPress for processing.
Using my Validation Demo form as an example, here are two URLs:
As you can see, the second URL will have the first two fields prefilled with the values which were part of the URL. The following was appended to the URL. The specific parameter names (e.g. entry.1666054688) had to discovered by examining the source Google Form.
This morning I released beta-7 of wp-SwimTeam v1.40. This beta release addresses the problem where exported Hy-tek entries won’t load into Meet Manager. The problem was the E1 records didn’t have the gender specified in columns 14-15. I believe this problem was introduced when I implemented mixed gender events earlier this year.
This morning I released version 4.6.0 of Email Users. This release addresses the problems with addresses appearing in the CC header instead of the BCC header which cropped up in v4.5.4 and v4.5.5. This version has gone through quite a bit of testing to ensure the problem with addresses was fixed. In addition to this critical fix, there are also a couple of minor new features now available. If you were running Email Users v4.6.0-beta-4, this version is nearly identical. The version is different and the default string for the new footer was trimmed eliminating the version number.
Significantly improved debug functionality to chase down mail header issues.
Check added to determine if wp_mail() has been overloaded by a theme or plugin.
Rewrite of mailusers_send_mail() fucntion to construct headers as arrays instead of as a single string. The string would sometimes not break correctly and recognize the Bcc: field.
This morning I formally release v0.58 of WordPress Google Form. Thanks to everyone who did testing of the various beta releases. The v0.58 release includes a number of improvements to deal with special characters either in responses or in questions.
Fixed bug when radio button and checkbox responses contained apostrophe characters.
Fixed bug when text entry box content contained an ampersand which ended up encoded in the Google sheet.
Fixed bug(s) with plugin settings which are controlled with checkboxes not being able to be unchecked.
Added Reset button to return plugin settings to their default state.
Fixed problem handling newlines (carriage returns) in textarea entries.
You can find the update on your WordPress Dashboard or in the WordPress Plugin Repository. The released version is functionally the same as beta-3, only the version number is different.
This morning I released beta-3 of WordPress Google Form v0.58. This update addresses one problem, properly handling newline characters in TEXTAREA entry boxes. This issue was reported on the WordPress Support Forum.
If there are no more reported issues, I will likely release v0.58 in the next day or so.