This morning I posted beta-8 of Swim Team v1.42. I hope to formally release it in the next day or two barring no reported issues. This update addresses a few more areas where I missed the changes to how files are included. This manifested itself mostly through usage of shortcodes but there were a few other spots too (e.g. event management).
This morning I have made a beta version of Email Users v4.3.15 available for download from this site. I have not posted this version to the WordPress plugin repository yet as I’d like to get some additional testing done on it before doing so as well as incorporate any translation package updates as I can before the final release (which I will likely label v4.4.0).
There are a couple of significant new features and a number of bug fixes in this version.
Fixed the problem where a dollar sign in the post or page content followed by a number disappears. This was happening due to preg_replace() seeing the $nn pattern as part of its regular expression processing.
Fixed issues with user settings disappearing.
Added the ability to include the sender in the recipient list as an options setting.
Fixed bug which prevented WordPress Dashboard and Menu Manager from working correctly.
Changed a number of strings to make the process of creating a language package much easier.
Download the beta release and please let me know if you run into any issues.
This morning I released v0.42 of my WordPress Google Form plugin. This version fixes a number of minor bugs, one major bug, and adds some new functionality. Of particular note is the ability to add a CAPTCHA to your Google Form to help reduce SPAM form submissions.
This morning I uploaded a new version of my WordPress Google Form plugin. This update addresses the three items I noted in this post. I also expanded the Test Bed Form I have been using to develop and test the plugin. If you’re curious, I have added the form to a page on this site. If you run into a combination that isn’t working and I haven’t accounted for it in the test bed, please let me know and I’ll update my form.
I think I finally have Check Boxes working correctly. They were a challenge because how PHP (which WordPress uses) pass arrays of information and Python (which Google Forms use for processing) are very different. Thanks to a tip on the WordPress Hackers Mailing List to a utility called http://httpbin.org I was able to get my plugin to pass the parameters as Google expects them and everything seems to be working correctly. The update should appear in your WordPress Dashboard fairly soon.
I have been alerted to a couple of bugs in the current (v0.15) version of wpGForm that I am working on fixing.
Select boxes do not retain their value when going back on multi-page forms. I’ve already fixed this problem in my development build.
Check boxes are not passing their values correctly.
Sometimes Radio buttons do not retain their values when going back on multi-page forms.
This third item is proving difficult to track down. It is odd that some questions with radio buttons work fine going back and forth between pages but others do not. If I can fix the check boxes this morning I will likely release an update that addresses the first two bugs and keep working on the third problem.
The WordPress Google Forms settings page makes use of tabs to show information about the plugin and set its options. It appears that the theme I was using, which I am in the process developing, is the culprit. It loads some new jQuery functionality from Google’s API that apparently allowed the tabs to work as I expected. I am not sure yet why the builtin WordPress jQuery functionality isn’t working correctly as I expect it should.
Now that I know where the problem is, I think it should be pretty straight forward to fix it.
I updated WordPress to 3.0 the other day and surprisingly, had quite a few problems. In particular, the LifeStream plugin doesn’t seem to be very happy. The update process for WordPress itself failed once but succeeded when I ran it again. I had to actually delete LifeStream and re-add it and even then, it wasn’t quite happy. The updater never returned but WordPress seems to be operating ok. This is the first time in 4+ years of using WordPress that I’ve run into anything like this. Hopefully it will not be a big issue as I have a number of sites I need to update.
There was a bug in the scratch process where if you started on the Meets tab when the Scratch action was selected, there was not a list of swimmers presented for the user to scratch. When starting on the Roster page and selecting a swimmer to scratch did work properly. The bug has been fixed and v0.2.488 is now available for download and both paths, starting with a meet or starting with a swimmer, now work correctly. The same bug would have affected Opt-In meets as well.
Last nigth the MacDolphins had our kickoff party – a fun event before practice starts on Tuesday. In getting ready for the event I ran into a couple things that I will fix over the next couple days. These are the things that I found don’t work correctly:
Swimmer labels can be reassigned even when the labels are locked for a season.
Swimmers labels are not exported to CSV from the Swimmers Report.
CSV export for Roster fails from Roster Tab.
Scratch fails with array out of bounds error.
I also changed how the registration e-mail works yesterday. Instead of filling out the e-mail template with the information from the user actually doing the registration, it uses the information from the Primary Contact. I am finding that a number of parents are asking if I can “just take care of it” for them. This change allows them to receive the e-mail even if the Admin performs the registration on their behalf. This change is already committed and I used it last night but hasn’t been released in a build yet.