This afternoon I posted beta-1 of Email Users v4.7.1. This release addresses a warning related to the max_input_vars setting when the server doesn’t have the configuration variable defined. This happens on some older server configurations, notably, those running PHP 5.3.8 and earlier.
This evening I released beta-2 of Google Forms v0.73. This beta build addresses a problem recently reported on the WordPress Support Forum.
This problem appears to be due to a change in the HTML Google generates for the “Other” field. The change in the HTML resulted in the jQuery selector no longer working. A new selector has been implemented in beta-2.
After submission, Google Forms show, unless hidden with CSS, a “Submit another response” link which links back to the Google Docs version of the form. This link is now replaced with the proper link to URL where the form appears on the WordPress site.
Please do some testing with this beta version and report any problems. I will do my best to fix them quickly as I would like to get this version released as soon as possible.
This evening I posted beta-1 of Email Users v4.7.0. This build addresses, or at least recognizes, an issue recently reported in the WordPress Support forum where email was not being sent when a large number of users were being selected.
The crux of this problem is the PHP max_input_vars configuration setting which by default, is set to 1000.
Every user selected on the form plus the other form fields are submitted as “input vars”. If ~990 or more users were selected, the input vars would be exhausted and the form submit would be missing required fields. The result was no email sent and the form being redisplayed for the user.
While I can’t change the setting of PHP’s max_input_vars setting, I can detect when the scenario, I can detect when it might be a problem and warn the user.
The warning shown above will now be displayed whenever the number of users which could be selected approaches or exceeds the current setting of max_input_vars.
Hopefully this will alleviate the confusion around this issue. Please report back on any bugs or odd behavior.
Yesterday afternoon I released v4.6.11 of Email Users. In addition to the additions to Dashboard to report the status of various filters, this release contains a fix to address a problem with using the Post Excerpt as the email content instead of the post itself and more importantly, a duplicate mail header problem.
This morning I posted beta-2 of Email Users 4.6.11. This build addresses a bug with the Post Excerpt recently reported in the WordPress Support Forum. I suspect this bug has been around for a long time. Email Users was making a call to get_the_excerpt() which it turns out, should only be called within The Loop. I have fixed this bug and and the plugin is now looking for the excerpt properly and more importantly, my test posts are behaving properly.
Please report any other issues and I will do my best to address this ASAP. Since this is a pretty serious bug, I will likely release an update within a day or two if I don’t have any further bug reports.
I’ve had a number of reports recently regarding loss of line breaks when sending out Post or Page notifications. Nothing has changed in Email Users with respect to formatting the post prior to sending it via email. However, the fact that several people has run into this problem concerns me.
The only thing I can think of which would result in loss of line breaks is if the the_content() or the_excerpt() functions are not calling the wpauto filter (which both do by default unless turned off). As noted in the Codex page, some plugins and themes remove the action.
I’ve added a check within the Email Users Dashboard widget to report the state of the hooks which could reformat the text. The the_content hook is the most likely to change the formatting of the post content but the other two listed could also affect it in some cases.
Yesterday I finally released Swim Team v1.42. With almost 50 downloads of the beta and no problems reported, I figured it was as tested as it was going to get! Some of the fixes and enhancements include:
Added checking and error messages for creation of temporary files used during export (CSV, HY3, SD3, RE1).
Added support for Event Number suffixes.
Added support for Transients as temporary storage when exporting data or generating reports.
Major change to how files are included to better support newer versions of PHP. The PHP include_path is no longer modified nor assumed.
Fixed bug in MyJobs which appears when no active season is designated.
Functionally this release is identical to v1.42-beta-8. You can find the update in the WordPress plugin repository or as an update on your Dashboard.
This morning I posted beta-8 of Swim Team v1.42. I hope to formally release it in the next day or two barring no reported issues. This update addresses a few more areas where I missed the changes to how files are included. This manifested itself mostly through usage of shortcodes but there were a few other spots too (e.g. event management).