wp-SwimTeam v1.45 released

Today I released wp-SwimTeam v1.45 which fixes a possible security problem I was alerted to as well as addresses a number of bugs.  The CSV roster export bug was the primary issue holding up getting this release out, I fixed the security problem last week.

It turns out I had implemented a method in both a parent class and (redundantly) in a child class as well.  The RE1, SDIF, and HY3 exports all (properly) used the method from the parent class but the CSV export was using the child class version.  It took me a while to sort it out as I was staring at the wrong code trying to determine what was wrong. It turns out, nothing was wrong, I was just looking in the wrong place.  Once I removed the redundant method declaration, everything resumed working as it should.

I think I have resolved all of the multi-site issues, please let me know if you run into any more.

This update is available via the WordPress Dashboard or from the WordPress Plugin Repository.

More wp-SwimTeam bugs

Swim Team season must be approaching because I’ve had a couple more bugs reports and found two more myself while looking into other issues.  A couple these are limited to running under WordPress Multi-Site so most people / teams won’t run into them but there are some issues with report generation as well.  I am looking into these and will issue an update as quickly as I can.

wp-SwimTeam v1.44 released

This morning I released a minor update to wp-SwimTeam.  Unless you are running under WordPress multi-site, you will not see a difference.  Under Multi-Site there was a bug in the database query that pulls the list of users from the WordPress database.  Because not all users stored in the user table should be visible to a particular site, the list of users needs to be filtered and limited to just those who have access to the site.  It was this filter portion of the query which was wrong.

You can find the update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository.

wp-SwimTeam User bug with Multi-Site

Today I learned of a bug with wp-SwimTeam where the list of Users associated with the site doesn’t get populated when running under WordPress multi-site.  This problem does not happen on standard installations of WordPress.

I am looking into the problem but it isn’t a simple solution as the query references the explicit users table which isn’t the same under WordPress multi-site.

I thought I had a quick solution but it didn’t work so I will need to sit down for an hour or two and sort this out over the next couple of days.

Swim Team v1.42-beta-8 available

This morning I posted beta-8 of Swim Team v1.42.  I hope to formally release it in the next day or two barring no reported issues.  This update addresses a few more areas where I missed the changes to how files are included.  This manifested itself mostly through usage of shortcodes but there were a few other spots too (e.g. event management).

Please report any issues encountered.

wp-SwimTeam Beta (353 downloads)

Swim Team v1.42-beta-7 available

This evening I posted beta-7 of Swim Team v1.42.  This build addresses a problem reported earlier today.  This bug manifested itself when there isn’t an active season which would be the case when the plugin is first installed.  It is also possible to set all seasons inactive in which case, the same problem was present.

[download id=’14’]

wp-SwimTeam v1.42-beta-3 available

This afternoon I released beta-3 for wp-SwimTeam v1.42.  This builds adds a new option to allow control of the temporary storage used when exporting data to use outside of WordPress.  For now, this new functionality is limited to Roster Export only however if it works, I’ll do it for everything.

wpst_SS_06

Historically wp-SwimTeam has used PHP’s temporary file facility to store the constructed export data and it then sends it to the browser for download.  In a few corner cases, it appears the server configuration won’t allow doing this so I have added a new option to use WordPress transients as temporary storage.  It is a little slower than using temporary files so be patient for the download dialog box to display.  I am hoping this is a viable solution and will allow users who run into this issue, which I assume is security related, to use wp-SwimTeam.

wp-SwimTeam Beta (353 downloads)

wp-SwimTeam v.1.41-beta-2

This morning I uploaded beta-2 of wp-SwimTeam v1.41.  This build adds intelligence and error messages during the export process (rosters only for now) to detect an unusual, but critical situation, which occurs when the plugin is unable to generate a  temporary file.  The temporary files are used to hold the generated data which is eventually sent to the browser for download.

wp-SwimTeam Beta (353 downloads)