This morning I released beta-7 of wp-SwimTeam v1.40. This beta release addresses the problem where exported Hy-tek entries won’t load into Meet Manager. The problem was the E1 records didn’t have the gender specified in columns 14-15. I believe this problem was introduced when I implemented mixed gender events earlier this year.
I have just uploaded beta-5 of wp-SwimTeam v1.40. This is a minor update, the only fix is to the generation of the USS Number when used as swimmer labels. Previously the USS Number was being computed in YYMMDD format where as the USS Swimming SDIF specification calls it out in MMDDYY format.
This morning I posted beta-4 of wp-SwimTeam v1.40. This beta update addresses a number of issues mentioned recently on the WordPress Support Forum.
Support for Age Groups where min and max age are identical.
Mapping zero (0) as upper and lower max age in event files to min and max age in wp-SwimTeam.
There are a few other fixes as well plus some debug code cleanup. I still have a couple of things to clean up before releasing v1.40. Also in this build as are the basic building blocks for Roles and Capabilities. If you use a Roles and Capabilities plugin, you may see some new swim team related data which has been defined but is not yet being used.
This morning I resolved my Subversion problems with phpHtmlLib and have posted v1.40 beta 3 of wp-SwimTeam. This release cleans up the Roster Export functionality which had become cumbersome as more formats were added. Instead of multiple choices from the dropdown menu, there is a single choice (Export Roster) which brings up a new form which allows the user some control over how much of the roster is exported and in what format(s).
This release is dependent on an update to phpHtmlLib so make sure you update it before loading this beta version. You must be running phpHtmlLib v2.6.7 or later for this new Export Roster functionality to work correctly.
This afternoon I fixed a couple of minor bugs and pushed out v1.34.963. The primary new feature in this release is the ability to export Meet Entries to Hy-tek Team Manager. I have had lots of requests to support Hy-tek over the years so I am happy to say I can finally support it!
As anyone who has read my postings over the past few years knows, I am no fan of Hy-tek. Between the closed data format and the awful user interface, it amazes me that their products have become the defacto standards for Swim Team and Swim Meet management but they have. If you want to play in this space you need to interface with Hy-tek. Fortunately some smart guys decoded the HY3 checksum and through lots of experiments some other people have figured out the HY3 file format so building on the work of others, I can now export a roster and meet entries in HY3 format.
I would appreciate feedback in this area as I have tested what I can but there is no such thing as too much testing and I may not have envisioned every scenario. There is also a very strong possibility that some of the fields in the HY3 format may not be in the right place or contain the right data.
I also fixed a number of issues when browsing Parents, Swimmers, and the Roster where the Search function wasn’t working correctly. Most of these problems were due to the SQL changes I made to address performance issues but a couple of them were due to allowing search against fields which are computed as opposed to extracted from the database.
Tonight I posted an early build of wp-SwimTeam v1.34. You can download it and manually install it if you would like to try it. This build introduces the ability to export Meet Entries in Hy-tek HY3 format which can be imported directly into Team Manager and Meet Manager.
This build also addresses a number of bugs I’ve encountered, the most notable being the inability to generate a single swimmer roster export in SDIF and HY3 formats. Instead of just one swimmer, the entire roster was exported. This has been fixed. The CSV export was not affected by the bug.
Please let me know if you run into any issues. I plan to release this later today after some more testing.
If you run into any problems, please let me know. I’d like to release this update in the next day or so.