This morning I posted beta-2 of Email Users 4.6.11. This build addresses a bug with the Post Excerpt recently reported in the WordPress Support Forum. I suspect this bug has been around for a long time. Email Users was making a call to get_the_excerpt() which it turns out, should only be called within The Loop. I have fixed this bug and and the plugin is now looking for the excerpt properly and more importantly, my test posts are behaving properly.
Please report any other issues and I will do my best to address this ASAP. Since this is a pretty serious bug, I will likely release an update within a day or two if I don’t have any further bug reports.
Yesterday I finally released Swim Team v1.42. With almost 50 downloads of the beta and no problems reported, I figured it was as tested as it was going to get! Some of the fixes and enhancements include:
Added checking and error messages for creation of temporary files used during export (CSV, HY3, SD3, RE1).
Added support for Event Number suffixes.
Added support for Transients as temporary storage when exporting data or generating reports.
Major change to how files are included to better support newer versions of PHP. The PHP include_path is no longer modified nor assumed.
Fixed bug in MyJobs which appears when no active season is designated.
Functionally this release is identical to v1.42-beta-8. You can find the update in the WordPress plugin repository or as an update on your Dashboard.
This evening I posted beta-7 of Swim Team v1.42. This build addresses a problem reported earlier today. This bug manifested itself when there isn’t an active season which would be the case when the plugin is first installed. It is also possible to set all seasons inactive in which case, the same problem was present.
This afternoon I released beta-1 of Email Users v4.6.10. This build fixes a problem reported in the Support Forum today. I will likely try and address some of the recent enhancement requests before making a formal release. It is likely that most users would not have seen this problem unless their PHP error reporting level was more strict than typical settings.
With 70+ downloads of beta-2 and no issues reported, I feel pretty good about releasing v0.70 so this morning I pushed it out. There are no changes since the last beta version with the exception of the version number change.
I have uploaded beta-2 of Google Forms v0.70. This build has one minor fix. While minor, it is important to me. This build fixes an issue when the Email Admin option is enabled but the Send To address is not specified. By default the Blog Admin email address should be used in this situation however no mail was being sent at all.
While looking into a Support request I discovered a bug in the generation of the jQuery validation script which caused a syntax error. This syntax error could potentially cause problems with redirection upon form submission.
While fixing the above bug I also added support for embedded images which had been requested recently. When you design your form Google now allows the insertion of images and now Google Forms will display them properly.
You can find this update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository.
This evening I released v0.66 of Google Forms. This version fixes two major issues:
The conflict with WordPress SEO has been resolved. The implemented solution will likely be replaced with something which runs less frequently. However, the solution implemented in v0.66 should make sites running both Google Forms and WordPress SEO a little happier.
Due to a bug, all form submissions have been logged regardless of the plugin setting.
You can find the update on the WordPress plugin repository or on your Dashboard.
I have been working on resolving a plugin conflict between WordPress SEO and Google Forms. Based on some help from the WordPress SEO plugin author I have made some small changes to Google Forms which I believe will alleviate the conflict.
I am looking for people who’ve been dealing with this problem to test this out, if you have a few minutes, please download this beta and give it a run through.
This morning I released v0.65 of Google Forms, a long overdue update. I have been sitting on this release for a while because of one outstanding issue I was aware of which I simply haven’t had time to chase down. The ability to email the end user upon form submission broke at some point, I am not exactly sure when but it has been reported a few times recently. It turns out, it only worked if email to the admin was also enabled.
Here are the highlights from the Change Log:
Implemented “save_post” for custom post type eliminating general purpose “save_post” (only option prior to WordPress 3.7) action which could potentially, if not handled correctly by another plugin, corrupt post data.
Formally deprecated the gform shortcode by updating README file.
Added flush of rewrite rules upon plugin activation and deactivation.
Implemented protocol relative URLs for loading jQuery script from Microsoft CDN to avoid mixed-content warnings when serving over https.
Fixed layout of CAPTCHA options on settings page.
Fixed bug with preset values as part of the URL which contain spaces.
Fixed bug sending End User email upon form submission.
Refactored construction of email headers based on experience with Email Users plugin.