This morning I released beta-7 of wp-SwimTeam v1.40. This beta release addresses the problem where exported Hy-tek entries won’t load into Meet Manager. The problem was the E1 records didn’t have the gender specified in columns 14-15. I believe this problem was introduced when I implemented mixed gender events earlier this year.
This morning I formally release v0.58 of WordPress Google Form. Thanks to everyone who did testing of the various beta releases. The v0.58 release includes a number of improvements to deal with special characters either in responses or in questions.
Fixed bug when radio button and checkbox responses contained apostrophe characters.
Fixed bug when text entry box content contained an ampersand which ended up encoded in the Google sheet.
Fixed bug(s) with plugin settings which are controlled with checkboxes not being able to be unchecked.
Added Reset button to return plugin settings to their default state.
Fixed problem handling newlines (carriage returns) in textarea entries.
You can find the update on your WordPress Dashboard or in the WordPress Plugin Repository. The released version is functionally the same as beta-3, only the version number is different.
This morning I released beta-3 of WordPress Google Form v0.58. This update addresses one problem, properly handling newline characters in TEXTAREA entry boxes. This issue was reported on the WordPress Support Forum.
If there are no more reported issues, I will likely release v0.58 in the next day or so.
For the past few days I have been chasing a reported issue where Email Users is putting recipient addresses into the CC header instead of the BCC header. This has been a challenge to chase down. To assist in this I have add a bunch of new debug and checking to Email Users.
Email Users will now check and report if wp_mail() has been overloaded by a plugin or theme. Since wp_mail() is a pluggable function, this is the one area which is really out of the control of Email Users. Simply knowing if wp_mail() has been overloaded is very helpful.
Additionally, I have finally found a way to initiate a complete email which is aborted just prior to the email actually being sent. The content of several internal structures is displayed on the Dashboard so the email headers can easily be examined.
This build is in DEBUG mode which means it will never actually send an email unless wp_mail() has been overloaded in which case all bets are off. Please visit the Settings page first to determine if wp_mail() has been overloaded. If it has, do not send any email but let me know which plugin or theme has overloaded wp_mail().
I have just uploaded beta-6 of wp-SwimTeam v1.40. This is a very minor update, the only fix is to deal with a typo which causes the activation process to fail. If you had updated the plugin by simply dropping the beta release on top of your existing install, you would not have encountered this problem.
The type came about as I have started adding roles and capabilities to wp-SwimTeam (which has been a long standing request). I have some basic roles and capabilities defined however they are not currently being used for anything. Their first use will be to allow access to the plugin menus on the Dashboard. More to come on this later.
I have just uploaded beta-5 of wp-SwimTeam v1.40. This is a minor update, the only fix is to the generation of the USS Number when used as swimmer labels. Previously the USS Number was being computed in YYMMDD format where as the USS Swimming SDIF specification calls it out in MMDDYY format.
This morning I posted beta-4 of wp-SwimTeam v1.40. This beta update addresses a number of issues mentioned recently on the WordPress Support Forum.
Support for Age Groups where min and max age are identical.
Mapping zero (0) as upper and lower max age in event files to min and max age in wp-SwimTeam.
There are a few other fixes as well plus some debug code cleanup. I still have a couple of things to clean up before releasing v1.40. Also in this build as are the basic building blocks for Roles and Capabilities. If you use a Roles and Capabilities plugin, you may see some new swim team related data which has been defined but is not yet being used.
This morning I resolved my Subversion problems with phpHtmlLib and have posted v1.40 beta 3 of wp-SwimTeam. This release cleans up the Roster Export functionality which had become cumbersome as more formats were added. Instead of multiple choices from the dropdown menu, there is a single choice (Export Roster) which brings up a new form which allows the user some control over how much of the roster is exported and in what format(s).
This release is dependent on an update to phpHtmlLib so make sure you update it before loading this beta version. You must be running phpHtmlLib v2.6.7 or later for this new Export Roster functionality to work correctly.