Swim Team v1.42-beta-7 available

This evening I posted beta-7 of Swim Team v1.42.  This build addresses a problem reported earlier today.  This bug manifested itself when there isn’t an active season which would be the case when the plugin is first installed.  It is also possible to set all seasons inactive in which case, the same problem was present.

[download id=’14’]

Email Users v4.6.10-beta-6 available

Email Users v4.6.10 beta-6 is now available.  This update addresses a bug report in the Email Users support forum where using the Omit Display Name option resulted in a malformed emailed header.

I am still looking for some help and/or feedback on Base64 encoding.

Email Users Beta (194 downloads)

Email Users v4.6.10-beta-1 available

This afternoon I released beta-1 of Email Users v4.6.10.  This build fixes a problem reported in the Support Forum today.  I will likely try and address some of the recent enhancement requests before making a formal release.  It is likely that most users would not have seen this problem unless their PHP error reporting level was more strict than typical settings.

Email Users Beta (194 downloads)

Email Users 4.6.9 released

This morning I pushed out Email Users 4.6.9.  It contains a few fixes that I had been sitting on along with an updated German translation.

I had been delaying as I planned to incorporate a couple good suggestions which are on the support forum (e.g. hooks before an after sending mail) but I simply haven’t had the time to work on new features lately.  There is also good suggestion on limiting debug output to Admin users which I also plan to add.

I didn’t want to sit on the fixes I have made any longer so went ahead and released 4.6.9.  You can find the update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository.  The only difference between the released version and the last beta is the German translation file and the version number.

Email Users v4.6.9-beta-1 available

I have just posted beta-1 of Email  Users v4.6.9. This build addresses an issue reported with template replacements not working correctly when using sender overrides.  Additionally, I have added support for blog and author template replacements in user and group emails.

Please report any issues you encounter.

Email Users Beta (194 downloads)

Google Forms v0.70-beta-2 now available

I have uploaded beta-2 of Google Forms v0.70.  This build has one minor fix.  While minor, it is important to me.  This build fixes an issue when the Email Admin option is enabled but the Send To address is not specified.  By default the Blog Admin email address should be used in this situation however no mail was being sent at all.

Google Forms Beta (397 downloads)

Google Forms v0.70-beta-1 available

This weekend I spent some time looking at adding support for regular expressions as part of the Google Forms validation functionality.  This seemed like a reasonable and useful request.  I was surprised to find that the jQuery Validation plugin doesn’t offer regular expressions as a standard check  however, I found a fairly simple solution on Stack Exchange.

It took me a little while to get it working as Saturday morning I went down a wrong path initially following another post I had found.  When I first read the post I linked to above, I convinced myself that I didn’t want to use the AddMethod solution.  I am not sure why, I guess it was because I haven’t been into the code in a while so I was trying to avoid it.  It turns out it is definitely the right answer and fairly easy to implement.

The beta build also contains a Serbo Croation translation provided by Borisa Djuraskovic
of www.webhostinghub.com.

To see the new functionality in action, check out my Validation Demo Form where the last entry field must begin with a capital letter.  The regular expression “[A-Z]” is used to match a capital letter when setting up the validation.

GForm_SS_72

Google Forms Beta (397 downloads)

Google Forms v0.68 released

Another minor update to Google Forms to fix a bug reported late last week.  It turns out I left out a named array parameter in a call to wp_update_post().  What is interesting is this problem manifests itself differently on various installations.  I never saw the error reported however when the offending line was pointed out, it was obvious to me what was wrong.

A new version (v0.68) has been posted to the WordPress plugin repository.