This morning I released beta-2 and very quickly afterward, because I found a bugs, beta-3, then beta-4 of Email Users v4.6.10. This beta-4 build addresses a couple enhancements that were recently raised in the Support Forum.
Templates – while not exactly templates per se, the Post/Page notification email will now allow the user to change the email subject and body content. It will still be initially populated based on the default template.
Hooks – there are now two hooks which other plugins and themes can use to modify the behavior of wp_mail(). The two hooks are mailusers_before_wp_mail and mailusers_after_wp_mail. The primary use for this is to account for other plugins which modify the sender address.
Additionally, the Notification email process now has a preview of what the email will look like based on the current settings. The preview will not reflect any changes made to the subject or email content until it is submitted.
This morning I pushed out Email Users 4.6.9. It contains a few fixes that I had been sitting on along with an updated German translation.
I had been delaying as I planned to incorporate a couple good suggestions which are on the support forum (e.g. hooks before an after sending mail) but I simply haven’t had the time to work on new features lately. There is also good suggestion on limiting debug output to Admin users which I also plan to add.
I didn’t want to sit on the fixes I have made any longer so went ahead and released 4.6.9. You can find the update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository. The only difference between the released version and the last beta is the German translation file and the version number.
I have just posted beta-1 of Email Users v4.6.9. This build addresses an issue reported with template replacements not working correctly when using sender overrides. Additionally, I have added support for blog and author template replacements in user and group emails.
I have uploaded beta-2 of Google Forms v0.70. This build has one minor fix. While minor, it is important to me. This build fixes an issue when the Email Admin option is enabled but the Send To address is not specified. By default the Blog Admin email address should be used in this situation however no mail was being sent at all.
Another minor update to Google Forms to fix a bug reported late last week. It turns out I left out a named array parameter in a call to wp_update_post(). What is interesting is this problem manifests itself differently on various installations. I never saw the error reported however when the offending line was pointed out, it was obvious to me what was wrong.
This morning I released a very minor update to Google Forms. In the process of verifying that I fixed the form submission log I found a typo in one of the internationalization strings and some debug code which was still enabled. Neither issue would cause the plugin to fail but I went ahead and fixed both and released an update.
This evening I released v0.66 of Google Forms. This version fixes two major issues:
The conflict with WordPress SEO has been resolved. The implemented solution will likely be replaced with something which runs less frequently. However, the solution implemented in v0.66 should make sites running both Google Forms and WordPress SEO a little happier.
Due to a bug, all form submissions have been logged regardless of the plugin setting.
You can find the update on the WordPress plugin repository or on your Dashboard.
I have been working on resolving a plugin conflict between WordPress SEO and Google Forms. Based on some help from the WordPress SEO plugin author I have made some small changes to Google Forms which I believe will alleviate the conflict.
I am looking for people who’ve been dealing with this problem to test this out, if you have a few minutes, please download this beta and give it a run through.