I have a posted a new beta version of WordPress Google Form. This version (v.054-beta-6) fixes a problem reported today which happens when Logging is enabled on certain servers. This update will now test for the variables it wants to track before trying to use them.
This update also includes an enhancement with respect to HTTP API Transports. Previously the plugin allowed control of the various transport options in debug mode. Recently I found a case where it made sense to disable one of the transports on a permanent basis so I have pulled that functionality out of the debug module and moved it into the plugin core.
This evening I posted a new beta release (#4) of WordPress Google Form v0.54. This beta release addresses a problem where values with escape characters and/or other encoded characters end up in the response spreadsheet.
As you can see in the image above, the values are escaped until the final entry. This fix needs some testing to make sure it doesn’t break anything, please try it out and let me know how you make out.
A quick bump to beta-3 for WordPress Google Form v0.54 to fix a problem which resulted in a PHP error message due to missing post meta data for field validation. Forgot to account for the situation where a form hasn’t defined any fields to validate!
WordPress v0.50 is now available. This update fixes a jQuery syntax error which occurred when validation was but user email and CAPTCHA were off. Along with the bug fix I also added CSS to hide the “Never submit passwords through Google Forms.” message that Google has added to forms.
A pretty serious issue was reported in the Support Forum this afternoon. I have found and fixed the bug and pushed out an update. While I was at it, I also adjusted the default CSS so the Help Text for form fields is visible. I had inadvertently hidden it with CSS in the v0.46 release.
There is a bug when using the Custom Confirmation page in v0.46 with the “Ajax” option. The “Redirect” option works correctly, the bug only affects the “Ajax” option. I am looking into the problem and hope to have a resolution shortly.
I have just uploaded WordPress Google Form v0.46-beta-17 which addresses one bug and adds new capability to the CAPTCHA functionality.
CAPCTHA can now have 2 or 3 terms
CAPTCHA now supports operators for addition (+), subtraction (-), and multiplication (*)
I finally found a solution to passing the query arguments correctly so the page navigation for the Form Submission Log now works properly.
At this point I think I am close to done with this release. Scope creep can be a killer and it has been a long time since I’ve formally released an update. With the number of questions I am getting about new Google Forms and all of the fixes being in this beta, it is time to get it out!
The next question to resolve is do I bump the version number to 1.0 with all of the changes I’ve made or continue as it is and release v0.46 – thoughts?
This afternoon I uploaded WordPress Google Form v0.46-beta-13. Yes, this is the 13th beta release of WordPress Google Form v0.46. Why so many? Mostly because made a significant change to Google Forms at about the same time I was introducing a major change to WordPress Google Forms.
This release adds a new feature – the ability to log form submissions. This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while. The next update will include some settings to control the log (on, off, entries per page, etc.) but in this beta release, it is on and shows 10 entries per page. There is a known bug in the pagination of the log file. The URL to move between pages is wrong and I haven’t been able to determine how to add the CPT and page information which the URL requires to be valid.
Most importantly, this beta release addresses a major bug with multi-page Google Forms AND Google Forms with checkboxes that are created with the new version of Google Forms. This functionality needs testing so please put it through its paces.
Ugh. Google has made the process of using multi-page forms much harder than it used to be. In the older version of Google Forms the values were passed from one page to another in an array.
In the new version of Google Forms the data is still passed from page to page in a variable (called draftResponses) however PHP sees this data as a string instead of an array so the code which reformats the array from a PHP style (which WordPress uses) to a Python style (which Google uses) doesn’t run.
It looks like I will need to parse the string into a PHP array and then encode the array to be compatible with Python. As I said, ugh.