I have just pushed out v1.20.787 of wp-SwimTeam. This release fixes a pretty serious bug in the Jobs module. If Jobs were assigned using the Swim Meets tab, other jobs could potentially be unassigned, possibly even from prior seasons. Hopefully my own team was the only one affected by this problem. The WordPress Plugin repository has been updated as has the Download & Installation page.
One of the changes I made in the last week has introduced a pretty significant bug in the Jobs module. If you assign a set of jobs from the Swim Meet tab, it may unassign a bunch of previously assigned jobs, possibly even from prior seasons. I have identified the bug and am in the process of fixing it.
This afternoon I released an update to wp-SwimTeam. This latest update continues work on the new Event Model. Events can now be imported from a Hy-tek Events File (.hyv) and connected to a swim meet. I also made a number of GUI improvements to fix flow control and be more intuitive. Other changes include:
- Fixed wp-SwimTeam so it will work in sub-directory installations and WordPress multi-site.
- Added new option to toggle message verbosity. Some actions generate numerous messages, this option will reduce and summarize messages.
- Fixed Event Opt-In/Opt-Out which was broken with Event Model changes in v1.18.
- Added ability to load Meet Events from an Event Group into a swim meet.
- Fixed broken GUI controls for Events (expand, collapse, page forward and back).
- Tightened up flow control between Event Groups and Events and Swim Meets and Events.
- Changed buttons on for some actions (events, swim meets) to return to a logical place. “Back” and “Home” didn’t really mean anything in most cases. In particular, “Back” has been a reliability challenge so in most cases it has been eliminated.
- Fixed several bugs in report generator which manifested themselves when User or Swimmer optional field count was set to zero.
- Fixed bug which resulted in broken Opt-In and Opt-Out actions on the drop down lists.
- Fixed bug which incorrectly entered Opt-In/Opt-Out information in Stroke format even when set for Event Mode.
If you run into any problems, please let me know and I will try and fix them ASAP. We’re gearing up for swim team season so I am actively engaged in adding features and fixing bugs right now. My next effort, which I’ve already started, is what I refer to as Phase 3 of the new Event Model which will provide the ability to export a Meet Entries file accounting for scratches and/or registrations which can be loaded directly into one of the various Swimming applications (e.g. Hy-tek, WinSwim, and others).