This afternoon I released an update to wp-SwimTeam. This latest update continues work on the new Event Model. Events can now be imported from a Hy-tek Events File (.hyv) and connected to a swim meet. I also made a number of GUI improvements to fix flow control and be more intuitive. Other changes include:
- Fixed wp-SwimTeam so it will work in sub-directory installations and WordPress multi-site.
- Added new option to toggle message verbosity. Some actions generate numerous messages, this option will reduce and summarize messages.
- Fixed Event Opt-In/Opt-Out which was broken with Event Model changes in v1.18.
- Added ability to load Meet Events from an Event Group into a swim meet.
- Fixed broken GUI controls for Events (expand, collapse, page forward and back).
- Tightened up flow control between Event Groups and Events and Swim Meets and Events.
- Changed buttons on for some actions (events, swim meets) to return to a logical place. “Back” and “Home” didn’t really mean anything in most cases. In particular, “Back” has been a reliability challenge so in most cases it has been eliminated.
- Fixed several bugs in report generator which manifested themselves when User or Swimmer optional field count was set to zero.
- Fixed bug which resulted in broken Opt-In and Opt-Out actions on the drop down lists.
- Fixed bug which incorrectly entered Opt-In/Opt-Out information in Stroke format even when set for Event Mode.
If you run into any problems, please let me know and I will try and fix them ASAP. We’re gearing up for swim team season so I am actively engaged in adding features and fixing bugs right now. My next effort, which I’ve already started, is what I refer to as Phase 3 of the new Event Model which will provide the ability to export a Meet Entries file accounting for scratches and/or registrations which can be loaded directly into one of the various Swimming applications (e.g. Hy-tek, WinSwim, and others).