I have just posted beta-1 of Email Users v4.6.9. This build addresses an issue reported with template replacements not working correctly when using sender overrides. Additionally, I have added support for blog and author template replacements in user and group emails.
I have uploaded beta-2 of Google Forms v0.70. This build has one minor fix. While minor, it is important to me. This build fixes an issue when the Email Admin option is enabled but the Send To address is not specified. By default the Blog Admin email address should be used in this situation however no mail was being sent at all.
It took me a little while to get it working as Saturday morning I went down a wrong path initially following another post I had found. When I first read the post I linked to above, I convinced myself that I didn’t want to use the AddMethod solution. I am not sure why, I guess it was because I haven’t been into the code in a while so I was trying to avoid it. It turns out it is definitely the right answer and fairly easy to implement.
The beta build also contains a Serbo Croation translation provided by Borisa Djuraskovic
To see the new functionality in action, check out my Validation Demo Form where the last entry field must begin with a capital letter. The regular expression “[A-Z]” is used to match a capital letter when setting up the validation.
While looking into a Support request I discovered a bug in the generation of the jQuery validation script which caused a syntax error. This syntax error could potentially cause problems with redirection upon form submission.
While fixing the above bug I also added support for embedded images which had been requested recently. When you design your form Google now allows the insertion of images and now Google Forms will display them properly.
You can find this update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository.
Another minor update to Google Forms to fix a bug reported late last week. It turns out I left out a named array parameter in a call to wp_update_post(). What is interesting is this problem manifests itself differently on various installations. I never saw the error reported however when the offending line was pointed out, it was obvious to me what was wrong.
This morning I released a very minor update to Google Forms. In the process of verifying that I fixed the form submission log I found a typo in one of the internationalization strings and some debug code which was still enabled. Neither issue would cause the plugin to fail but I went ahead and fixed both and released an update.
This evening I released v0.66 of Google Forms. This version fixes two major issues:
The conflict with WordPress SEO has been resolved. The implemented solution will likely be replaced with something which runs less frequently. However, the solution implemented in v0.66 should make sites running both Google Forms and WordPress SEO a little happier.
Due to a bug, all form submissions have been logged regardless of the plugin setting.
You can find the update on the WordPress plugin repository or on your Dashboard.
I have been working on resolving a plugin conflict between WordPress SEO and Google Forms. Based on some help from the WordPress SEO plugin author I have made some small changes to Google Forms which I believe will alleviate the conflict.
I am looking for people who’ve been dealing with this problem to test this out, if you have a few minutes, please download this beta and give it a run through.
This morning I released v0.65 of Google Forms, a long overdue update. I have been sitting on this release for a while because of one outstanding issue I was aware of which I simply haven’t had time to chase down. The ability to email the end user upon form submission broke at some point, I am not exactly sure when but it has been reported a few times recently. It turns out, it only worked if email to the admin was also enabled.
Here are the highlights from the Change Log:
Implemented “save_post” for custom post type eliminating general purpose “save_post” (only option prior to WordPress 3.7) action which could potentially, if not handled correctly by another plugin, corrupt post data.
Formally deprecated the gform shortcode by updating README file.
Added flush of rewrite rules upon plugin activation and deactivation.
Implemented protocol relative URLs for loading jQuery script from Microsoft CDN to avoid mixed-content warnings when serving over https.
Fixed layout of CAPTCHA options on settings page.
Fixed bug with preset values as part of the URL which contain spaces.
Fixed bug sending End User email upon form submission.
Refactored construction of email headers based on experience with Email Users plugin.