Google Forms v0.77-beta-1 available

This morning I uploaded beta-1 of Google Forms v0.77.  This release would only be of interest to users who are using the deprecated gform shortcode and ware worried about PHP warnings in the log file (see this post on the WordPress Support Forum).

The warnings were a result of the plugin looking for meta data which is stored with the Custom Post Type (recommended) usage of Google Forms.  The fix skips the check when using the gform shortcode thus eliminating the PHP warnings in the log file.

Unless there is a significant bug reported I will likely release this update fairly quickly as I view the changes made as very low risk.

Google Forms Beta (515 downloads)

More wp-SwimTeam bugs

Swim Team season must be approaching because I’ve had a couple more bugs reports and found two more myself while looking into other issues.  A couple these are limited to running under WordPress Multi-Site so most people / teams won’t run into them but there are some issues with report generation as well.  I am looking into these and will issue an update as quickly as I can.

wp-SwimTeam v1.44 released

This morning I released a minor update to wp-SwimTeam.  Unless you are running under WordPress multi-site, you will not see a difference.  Under Multi-Site there was a bug in the database query that pulls the list of users from the WordPress database.  Because not all users stored in the user table should be visible to a particular site, the list of users needs to be filtered and limited to just those who have access to the site.  It was this filter portion of the query which was wrong.

You can find the update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository.

wp-SwimTeam User bug with Multi-Site

Today I learned of a bug with wp-SwimTeam where the list of Users associated with the site doesn’t get populated when running under WordPress multi-site.  This problem does not happen on standard installations of WordPress.

I am looking into the problem but it isn’t a simple solution as the query references the explicit users table which isn’t the same under WordPress multi-site.

I thought I had a quick solution but it didn’t work so I will need to sit down for an hour or two and sort this out over the next couple of days.

Email Users v4.7.1-beta-1 available

This afternoon I posted beta-1 of Email Users v4.7.1.  This release addresses a warning related to the max_input_vars setting when the server doesn’t have the configuration variable defined.  This happens on some older server configurations, notably, those running PHP 5.3.8 and earlier.

This build also adds support for the WordPress editable_roles filter which was recently requested on the WordPress Support Forum.

Email Users Beta (252 downloads)

Google Forms v0.73-beta-2 available

This evening I released beta-2 of Google Forms v0.73. This beta build addresses a problem recently reported on the WordPress Support Forum.

This problem appears to be due to a change in the HTML Google generates for the “Other” field.  The change in the HTML resulted in the jQuery selector no longer working.  A new selector has been implemented in beta-2.

Google Forms Beta (515 downloads)

Email Users v4.6.11 is out

Yesterday afternoon I released v4.6.11 of Email Users.  In addition to the additions to Dashboard to report the status of various filters, this release contains a fix to address a problem with using the Post Excerpt as the email content instead of the post itself and more importantly, a duplicate mail header problem.

You can find the update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository.

Email User 4.6.11-beta-2 available

This morning I posted beta-2 of Email Users 4.6.11.  This build addresses a bug with the Post Excerpt recently reported in the WordPress Support Forum.  I suspect this bug has been around for a long time.  Email Users was making a call to get_the_excerpt() which it turns out, should only be called within The Loop.  I have fixed this bug and and the plugin is now looking for the excerpt properly and more importantly, my test posts are behaving properly.

Please report any other issues and I will do my best to address this ASAP.  Since this is a pretty serious bug, I will likely release an update within a day or two if I don’t have any further bug reports.

Email Users Beta (252 downloads)

Email Users v4.6.11-beta-1 available

I’ve had a number of reports recently regarding loss of line breaks when sending out Post or Page notifications.  Nothing has changed in Email Users with respect to formatting the post prior to sending it via email.  However, the fact that several people has run into this problem concerns me.

The only thing I can think of which would result in loss of line breaks is if the the_content() or the_excerpt() functions are not calling the wpauto filter (which both do by default unless turned off).  As noted in the Codex page, some plugins and themes remove the action.

I’ve added a check within the Email Users Dashboard widget to report the state of the hooks which could reformat the text.   The the_content hook is the most likely to change the formatting of the post content but the other two listed could also affect it in some cases.

EU_SS_37

Email Users Beta (252 downloads)

If you are having this problem, please try this download and let me know what your Dashboard looks like.