This morning I have posted a new build, v1.42 beta-6 of the Swim Team plugin. This beta release makes a major change to how the plugin includes the various files the plugin uses. Historically, Swim Team modified the PHP include_path as part of the initialization to include the paths where included files are expected. In newer versions of PHP this seems to cause some problems for some users.
I have changed the plugin to eliminate the need to modify the PHP include_path however the process of doing so required touching almost 100 files within the plugin. I have been through all of the menus and tabs and believe I found accounted for every file which included but there is always a chance I have missed something.
Please report any problems and I will do my best to fix it quickly.
This morning I released beta-2 and very quickly afterward, because I found a bugs, beta-3, then beta-4 of Email Users v4.6.10. This beta-4 build addresses a couple enhancements that were recently raised in the Support Forum.
Templates – while not exactly templates per se, the Post/Page notification email will now allow the user to change the email subject and body content. It will still be initially populated based on the default template.
Hooks – there are now two hooks which other plugins and themes can use to modify the behavior of wp_mail(). The two hooks are mailusers_before_wp_mail and mailusers_after_wp_mail. The primary use for this is to account for other plugins which modify the sender address.
Additionally, the Notification email process now has a preview of what the email will look like based on the current settings. The preview will not reflect any changes made to the subject or email content until it is submitted.
This afternoon I released beta-1 of Email Users v4.6.10. This build fixes a problem reported in the Support Forum today. I will likely try and address some of the recent enhancement requests before making a formal release. It is likely that most users would not have seen this problem unless their PHP error reporting level was more strict than typical settings.
I have just posted beta-1 of Email Users v4.6.9. This build addresses an issue reported with template replacements not working correctly when using sender overrides. Additionally, I have added support for blog and author template replacements in user and group emails.
I have uploaded beta-2 of Google Forms v0.70. This build has one minor fix. While minor, it is important to me. This build fixes an issue when the Email Admin option is enabled but the Send To address is not specified. By default the Blog Admin email address should be used in this situation however no mail was being sent at all.
It took me a little while to get it working as Saturday morning I went down a wrong path initially following another post I had found. When I first read the post I linked to above, I convinced myself that I didn’t want to use the AddMethod solution. I am not sure why, I guess it was because I haven’t been into the code in a while so I was trying to avoid it. It turns out it is definitely the right answer and fairly easy to implement.
The beta build also contains a Serbo Croation translation provided by Borisa Djuraskovic
To see the new functionality in action, check out my Validation Demo Form where the last entry field must begin with a capital letter. The regular expression “[A-Z]” is used to match a capital letter when setting up the validation.
I have been working on resolving a plugin conflict between WordPress SEO and Google Forms. Based on some help from the WordPress SEO plugin author I have made some small changes to Google Forms which I believe will alleviate the conflict.
I am looking for people who’ve been dealing with this problem to test this out, if you have a few minutes, please download this beta and give it a run through.
Over lunch I posted beta-3 of Email Users v4.6.6. This build addresses an issue with User Groups integration when using a non-English version of WordPress. A value embedded in the form was translated which the form processing logic wasn’t handling correctly. This problem also could have manifested itself if a group name contained a hyphen (dash) character.