A minor bug was found in swimmer and user profiles when the optional field count was zero. This bug only appeared if previously the option count had been non-zero and data had been entered for swimmers and/or users for the optional fields. This release fixes this problem which also manifested itself in the registration confirmation e-mail.[download#7#image]
This morning I posted wp-SwimTeam v1.2.551. This release fixes a couple of bugs and adds a couple minor features and addresses one major issue.
- Prior to this release a new user could add a swimmer without completing their swim team parent/guardian profile but a warning was displayed. The warning is now an error and no further action can proceed until the profile information is completed.
- Throughout the wp-SwimTeam dashboard much of the information is displayed in a widget that can be searched, sorted, and paged through. The number of rows that is displayed is now controlled by a setting on the Options->Miscellaneous tab.
- A couple of minor bugs have fixed with respect to reporting.
- There was a serious bug which occurred when the number of User or Swimmer optional fields was set to zero. This has been fixed and the ability to essentially “turn off” optional fields for users or swimmers now works correctly.
I have just uploaded a minor update to wp-SwimTeam to include one change I forgot to commit. This version fixes the display of users names assigned to swimmers where the last name was duplicated and the first name was omitted.[download#7#image]
I have just uploaded a new build of wp-SwimTeam which addresses the bugs in the Jobs module I posted about last night. The bug would partially allocate a job but it would fail resulting in incomplete data in the database. The build fixes that bug.
If you had allocated jobs and can’t see them to sign up for them, the database records in the job allocation table may have to be removed manually. If you need help, contact me.
wp-SwimTeam plugin – updated 2/24/2011 @ 17:21[download#7#image]
There are a couple bugs in the jobs module that I became aware of today. I have fixed them in my development tree and plan to post a new release tomorrow after some additional testing.
A new release of wp-SwimTeam is now available. This release addresses the plugin activation problem with v1.0.514 which resulted from debug code which was left behind. The backup and phpHtmlLib requirements as outlined in yesterday’s post still apply.
wp-SwimTeam plugin – updated 2/21/2011 @ 22:24[download#7#image]
The problem which I suspected was due to a plugin conflict turns out to be a PHP 5.3.x incompatibility. I don’t have a solution yet because I don’t fully understand what changed but I am working on it. There is no potential of database corruption, the bug simply fails to load the GUI on any of the Swim Team pages except the Overview page. This bug only affects sites running on PHP5.3.x, sites running on PHP 5.2.x or PHP 4.4.x are not affected and will operate correctly.
I have identified and fixed the problem. There is a change in PHP 5.3 which affects how objects of a child class can call methods in the parent class. The syntax which has worked fine until PHP 5.3 occurs in both the wp-SwimTeam plugin and in the phpHtmlLib plugin so both will need to be updated. I have found several places where the code needs to be updated to the new syntax requirements but still need to do further testing to make sure I have found them all.
I had some airplane seat time over the last couple days and had a chance to look into the potential bug thatI posed about a couple days ago. I have not discovered the source of the bug yet, I am even more convinced it is from a plugin conflict of some sort.
However, in the process of trying to find it I enabled some WordPress debug features and found a bunch of little things wrong with wp-SwimTeam. Prior to WordPress 3.0 most of these either didn’t happen or didn’t matter and the end user never was exposed to them. I have spent a fair amount of time cleaning them up as they DO matter in 3.0.x and still have a few more to do.
I hope to have a new release out by the end of the week.
I have encountered a problem running wp-SwimTeam under WordPress 3.0.4 on the MacDolphins web site which causes pages to not load completely. I am not sure what the problem is yet but it seems to be related to another plugin as it doesn’t happen on the wp-SwimTeam Demo site. It is most evident from the Swim Team -> Users tab where the page content is simply blank. I hope to have a resolution to the problem in the next day or two.
This morning I finally had some time to track down the bug that was manifesting itself on the User tab on the Report page. This was a tricky one to find as it worked fine in my development area but not for our own swim team site (MacDolphins.org).
It turns out that if you had the right combination of user options turned on and they were Yes-No options, the filters were not being created correctly which resulted in the form not being displayed for the user. While tracking this down I also realized that the filters only worked for Yes-No options and not for No-Yes options which they should have been. So that has been corrected too although now that I think about it, the fix probably wasn’t applied to the Swimmer Report, only the User Report.
I have posted v0.2.503 which is available from the download page. I strongly encourage anyone using wp-SwimTeam to upgrade as this bug could be a PITA!