This afternoon I released a minor update to WordPress Google Form. This update, v0.57 addresses a bug which prevented translation of the “What is” phrase used for CAPTCHA support. It also includes updated language support files which were not updated in v0.56.
I have released beta-4 of WordPress Google Forms. This beta update addresses a problem reported where the settings for the form weren’t being saved correctly (e.g. turning Title on would not appear to be saved).
It turns out that the settings were saved correctly so the form would work as desired however subsequent edits to the form would return all of the settings to the default state which would then be saved unless the author noted they were wrong and set them correctly again.
The logic to pre-populating the current state of the form’s settings was faulty. This beta update fixes this bug.
I have posted the initial beta version of WordPress Google Form v0.56. This preliminary release has bug fixes to handle UTF-8 characters in from values and also handles the unusual case where a tab character is embedded in the form response value.
The embedded tab issue was particularly tricky to track down as it is (a) it wasn’t obvious since web browsers render tabs as white space and (b) it isn’t easy to actually enter a tab into an HTML form (which is how Google Forms are created). I was able to embed a tab in a form response by pasting some text from Word. It turns out the user that had the problem I was trying to resolve had done the exact same thing.
Handling the tabs turned out to be tricky so initially I thought I thought I might have to simply detect them and display a warning but in the end I was able to find a viable solution.
This beta release also has the first implementation of Transients for the initial rendering of a form. This use case is likely not all that common but came from a user who had four (4) forms on a single page and was seeing timeouts from Google. Caching the initial rendering of the form will help in this situation. Thanks to Camilo Flores for providing a patch which I based the implementation on.
Yesterday WordPress 3.6 was released. The bundled version of jQuery was updated to 1.10 which broke the jQuery Columnizer plugin I use to split a form into columns. The result was jQuery would go into an infinite loop and eventually you would have to kill the page.
Fortunately someone had already encountered this problem and provided a patch to the jQuery plugin. I have incorporated the patch and released v0.55. If you’re running WordPress 3.6, this is a critical release. Older versions should continue to run correctly.
I have a posted a new beta version of WordPress Google Form. This version (v.054-beta-6) fixes a problem reported today which happens when Logging is enabled on certain servers. This update will now test for the variables it wants to track before trying to use them.
This update also includes an enhancement with respect to HTTP API Transports. Previously the plugin allowed control of the various transport options in debug mode. Recently I found a case where it made sense to disable one of the transports on a permanent basis so I have pulled that functionality out of the debug module and moved it into the plugin core.
This evening I posted a new beta release (#4) of WordPress Google Form v0.54. This beta release addresses a problem where values with escape characters and/or other encoded characters end up in the response spreadsheet.
As you can see in the image above, the values are escaped until the final entry. This fix needs some testing to make sure it doesn’t break anything, please try it out and let me know how you make out.
I have just posted wp-SwimTeam v1.40-beta-2. This update fixes the problem where adding age groups generates an error. The error only happened when using swimmer numbers that didn’t include a prefix (e.g. Simple Numeric sequence or USA Swimming format).
I have uploaded a preliminary build of wp-SwimTeam v1.40-beta-1. This build introduces new functionality to support mixed gender and combined age groups. It also fixes a number of small bugs I encountered along the way.
I have not done thorough testing on it as I don’t have access to MM and TM right now to validate the changes. However, I am reasonably confident that the changes I’ve made will have little to no impact on Hy-tek compatibility.
If you run into any issues, let me know and I’ll get them fixed as quickly as I can.
A quick bump to beta-3 for WordPress Google Form v0.54 to fix a problem which resulted in a PHP error message due to missing post meta data for field validation. Forgot to account for the situation where a form hasn’t defined any fields to validate!