I’ve been working on Email-Users this week and have added quite a bit of functionality. Before I release it I’d like to get a few people put an early version through its paces so if you have a chance to test it out, please do so.
This new version has a number of new features:
- All postboxes on the admin screens now have their own CSS ID and Class so they can be styled or easily hidden.
- Email-Users now support integration with two User “Group” plugins: User Groups and User Access Manager. When you set up groups in either of these plugins you will be able to select them as recipients from the Group Email and Post/Page Notification pages.
- Selection of Custom Filters as Group Recipients is no longer a separate action – it, along wit the Group support noted above, are all presented in the same target recipient selection list. This allows the Custom Filters to work on Post/Page Notifications as well.
- A new action has been introduced: mailusers_update_custom_meta_filters This action will allow for updating meta filters dynamically just prior to their use. This is the best way to create complex meta filters or integrate other plugins. There is a good example in the plugin README file.
- Chinese language support has been contributed.
- Integration panel added to the Plugin Settings Page.
- Updated language support files which incorporate 20+ new strings.
A few other things were cleaned up while I was tinkering with the code as well.Email Users Beta (832 downloads)
I have also updated the sample plugin file I use to test Custom Meta Filters. It has the full example of the “Public Works” example.Email Users Custom List (1181 downloads)