About a week ago one of the volunteers inadvertently registered (Opt-In) our entire rosters for a swim meet. An Opt-In will supercede any existing Opt-In or Opt-Out information so we lost our entire scratch list for our meet this past Tuesday. I was out running errands getting my son ready to go on a mission trip when I started seeing numerous registration e-mails coming across my phone. Yikes – what happened? Initially I thought someone had gotten administrative access to our database and was playing games.
As it turns out the mistake our volunteer made was an honest one and I tracked it down by examining the Opt-In/Opt-Out records in the database. I have always logged the user ID for the user who submitted an Opt-In/Opt-Out request but never displayed it as I never had a need. It would have been really useful last weekend – imagine digging through your database using phpMyAdmin on an iPhone which is how I found it because I wasn’t anywhere near a computer at the time.
As a result of this exercise I have enhanced the Swim Meet Report on the Report menu to optionally show the user detail for the user who submitted the request. I also changed the Time Stamp so it can be shown if desired. Both of these options are on by default.
This release also addresses a bug where Opt-In/Opt-Out email confirmations were being sent to the Registration e-mail address. For a lot of teams this is probably same address but for the MacDolphins it is not. The result was our Accountant was being flooded with Opt-In/Opt-Out email confirmations and has been for the past three years! She never mentioned it to me until recently. Oops!
The release is now available from the Download page but has not been committed to the WordPress Plugin Repository yet because WordPress changed all of their passwords last week. While I can login to WordPress.com without any problems, I cannot get access to the plugin repository. Hopefully I will get this sorted out soon and then it should appear as an automatic update from the WordPress plugin repository shortly.
Update: I finally got my WordPress.org password issue straightened out and have committed the latest set of changes. The automatic update process should proceed within a couple hours.