This past week I have made quite a bit of progress on the jobs module. Everything seems to be working, I just have some polish and testing to finish up before I will release it. The basic job work flow works like this:
- Define a job – title, description, duration, etc.
- Allocate a job to a season or to one or more swim meets. This action connects a job to a specific season or meet and defines the number of positions required.
- Assign job ownership. This can be done by either the administrator or by end users themselves. End users cannot assign themselves jobs which are already assigned to another user. An administrator can change the assignment of a job from one person to another. Job assignment can be performed in couple different ways:
- Full or Partial Season long jobs can be assigned from the Seasons tab.
- Full or Partial Meet long jobs can be assigned from the Swim Meets tab.
- A specific job can be assigned from the Jobs tab.
The Swim Meet Report has been enhanced to include a Job Assignment section and a new short code has been defined to allow a meet specific job report to be added to a page or post easily. The wp-SwimTeam demo site will be updated shortly to show some of the new features.