If you have followed my posts on this blog you know that I have been frustrated by Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager along with Hy-Tek customer support.
While I may not care for Hy-Tek or their products, the fact is they have a dominant market share and a lot of teams use Team Manager, Meet Manager, or both. I was contacted this week by a high school coach who was looking for some SDIF assistance in getting his roster into Meet Manager. Now I don’t have access to Meet Manager but I do have pretty good understanding of the SDIF specification so I was able to help him out with some example SDIF files.
In the process of helping him out I came across an old e-mail regarding importing a roster into Meet Manager. At the time I was interested in Team Manager so didn’t give it a lot of thought. Looking at the old e-mail I realized that if it worked, I could export the file format very easily from wp-SwimTeam. I went ahead an implemented it, now I am looking for someone to try it out.
The zip file above contains three versions of the same roster – CSV, SDIF (.sd3), and Meet Manager Registration (.re1). Extract the Meet Manager Registration file from the zip file. It is an ASCII file that contains swimmers records, one per line with the following fields delimited by semicolons:
- Registration number
- Last name
- First name
- Middle initial
- Club abbreviation
- Club name
- Preferred first name
- ?? – unknown what this last field is; it’s always “N” in the examples provided
To import the file into Meet Manager, follow these steps:
- Set up a new meet database. You only need to go through the first setup screen, the one where you put in the meet name, date, and length of course. To make my particular file work, select “USA Swimming” for the ID format. If you have something other than USA Swimming numbers for swimmer labels, select “Other”. Normally, for a kids’ meet, you’d select “USA Swimming” for the ID format or “Other” if you are not using USA Swimmer numbers for simmer labels.
- From the main Meet Manager menu, select “FILE”
- Select “IMPORT”
- Select “REGISTRATION FILE”
- Locate and choose the .RE1 file that contains the roster.
After completing these steps, go to the “Athletes” screen in Meet Manager. The swimmers contained int he RE1 file should bYou should see all of the athletes’ names that you saw in the RE1 file.
If this works for you, please leave a comment!