Email Users 4.6.9 released

This morning I pushed out Email Users 4.6.9.  It contains a few fixes that I had been sitting on along with an updated German translation.

I had been delaying as I planned to incorporate a couple good suggestions which are on the support forum (e.g. hooks before an after sending mail) but I simply haven’t had the time to work on new features lately.  There is also good suggestion on limiting debug output to Admin users which I also plan to add.

I didn’t want to sit on the fixes I have made any longer so went ahead and released 4.6.9.  You can find the update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository.  The only difference between the released version and the last beta is the German translation file and the version number.

Email Users v4.6.9-beta-1 available

I have just posted beta-1 of Email  Users v4.6.9. This build addresses an issue reported with template replacements not working correctly when using sender overrides.  Additionally, I have added support for blog and author template replacements in user and group emails.

Please report any issues you encounter.

Email Users Beta (772 downloads)

Google Forms v0.70-beta-2 now available

I have uploaded beta-2 of Google Forms v0.70.  This build has one minor fix.  While minor, it is important to me.  This build fixes an issue when the Email Admin option is enabled but the Send To address is not specified.  By default the Blog Admin email address should be used in this situation however no mail was being sent at all.

Google Forms Beta (970 downloads)

Google Forms v0.70-beta-1 available

This weekend I spent some time looking at adding support for regular expressions as part of the Google Forms validation functionality.  This seemed like a reasonable and useful request.  I was surprised to find that the jQuery Validation plugin doesn’t offer regular expressions as a standard check  however, I found a fairly simple solution on Stack Exchange.

It took me a little while to get it working as Saturday morning I went down a wrong path initially following another post I had found.  When I first read the post I linked to above, I convinced myself that I didn’t want to use the AddMethod solution.  I am not sure why, I guess it was because I haven’t been into the code in a while so I was trying to avoid it.  It turns out it is definitely the right answer and fairly easy to implement.

The beta build also contains a Serbo Croation translation provided by Borisa Djuraskovic
of www.webhostinghub.com.

To see the new functionality in action, check out my Validation Demo Form where the last entry field must begin with a capital letter.  The regular expression “[A-Z]” is used to match a capital letter when setting up the validation.

GForm_SS_72

Google Forms Beta (970 downloads)

Google Forms v0.69 released

While looking into a Support request I discovered a bug in the generation of the  jQuery validation script which caused a syntax error.  This syntax error could potentially cause problems with redirection upon form submission.

While fixing the above bug I also added support for embedded images which had been requested recently.  When you design your form Google now allows the insertion of images and now Google Forms will display them properly.

GForm_SS_71

You can find this update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository.

Google Forms v0.68 released

Another minor update to Google Forms to fix a bug reported late last week.  It turns out I left out a named array parameter in a call to wp_update_post().  What is interesting is this problem manifests itself differently on various installations.  I never saw the error reported however when the offending line was pointed out, it was obvious to me what was wrong.

A new version (v0.68) has been posted to the WordPress plugin repository.

Google Forms v0.67 now available

This morning I released a very minor update to Google Forms.  In the process of verifying that I fixed the form submission log I found a typo in one of the internationalization strings and some debug code which was still enabled.  Neither issue would cause the plugin to fail but I went ahead and fixed both and released an update.

Google Forms v0.66 available

This evening I released v0.66 of Google Forms.  This version fixes two major issues:

  1. The conflict with WordPress SEO has been resolved.  The implemented solution will likely be replaced with something which runs less frequently.  However, the solution implemented in v0.66 should make sites running both Google Forms and WordPress SEO a little happier.
  2. Due to a bug, all form submissions have been logged regardless of the plugin setting.

You can find the update on the WordPress plugin repository or on your Dashboard.