A new release of wp-SwimTeam is now available for download. It is also available via automatic update from the WordPress plugin repository. This release fixes a couple of bugs and adds two new features, one of which addresses functionality that was coded but never exposed correctly.
- Fixed bug in wpst_meet_report short code.
- Fixed bug in Add/Update Club Profile due to invalid URL field(s).
- Added showmaplinks option to wpst_meet_report short code.
- Added URL sanitatization to Google Maps and Mapquest URL fields on club profile.
- Added notes to use Google URL shortner for URLs that don’t validate.
I am not sure when it was added but MapQuest now generates “shortened” URLs when mapping an address, I wish Google would do likewise. The URLs that Google Maps generates tend to be a mile long and full of characters. My suggestion is to use Google’s URL shortener to generate a simple URL that can be saved within WordPress easily. That is what I am doing for the MacDolphins web site.
The phpHtmlLib library which wp-SwimTeam depends on has also had a minor bug fix which I found testing URL validation. This plugin can also be updated t v188.8.131.5246 using the WordPress plugin updater or can be downloaded and installed as in the past.