I haven’t had a lot of time to work on the plugin but got back to it last night and am really trying to get the roster export completed. It isn’t hard but it is tedious as there is lots of data to output in the SDIF format. I am close to being done and found an inconsistency with the D1 record. It allocates 12 characters for the USS# field however the USS# field is 14 characters long. Since it looks like it is only mandatory for submitting data to USS, I may omit it. I also sent an e-mail to Hy-Tek to see how they handle it, we’ll see if they respond. For now I think I will omit it and move on. I need a copy of Team Manager to test with – that is my next dilema.
Last night I completed the initial PHP include file for SDIF support. As I mentioned previously, I thought it would take a while and it did. The upside is taking the time to go through the specification to create all the PHP constants has made me more familiar with SDIF. I don’t think it will be too hard to generate SDIF from the registration information the plugin already collects however, there are parts of the plugin which will need some additions. For example – the SDIF team records (there are two of them) require detail which wasn’t collected previously and the swimmer records prefer to have the middle name because the USA Swimming Id is constructed from portions of the swimmer’s first, middle, and last names along with their birthdate. Looks like to me like you can still end up with conflicts but that is what the specification outlines. So now off to enhance the team and swimmer forms.
This evening I have been working on generating SDIF but before I can generate it, I need to define all of the constants necessary to constuct the records. I won’t get it done tonight but I made a big dent in it. To define all of the possible record types I will probably end up with about 750 constants. This is incredibly tedious work – necessary, but tedious.