This morning I resolved my Subversion problems with phpHtmlLib and have posted v1.40 beta 3 of wp-SwimTeam. This release cleans up the Roster Export functionality which had become cumbersome as more formats were added. Instead of multiple choices from the dropdown menu, there is a single choice (Export Roster) which brings up a new form which allows the user some control over how much of the roster is exported and in what format(s).
This release is dependent on an update to phpHtmlLib so make sure you update it before loading this beta version. You must be running phpHtmlLib v2.6.7 or later for this new Export Roster functionality to work correctly.
wp-SwimTeam Beta (1013 downloads)
Email Users Beta (1430 downloads)
It is interesting to go back and revisit code which I wrote early in this project. When I go back and look at it, I ask myself why I implemented things the way I did. The change to the tabbed menu bar has required me to go back and visit almost every page which is presented as a menu to a user of the system.
Some of the early functionality like Age Groups and Seasons had a clunky implementation of the decision tree logic and resulted in processing the same variables to make decisions repeatedly. I have migrated the code I developed latter on for things like the Roster and Events pages and implemented “Guidance” for all pages as well.
Now that I have all of the code cleaned up, at least I think I have it all done, I need to return to the Events functionality. I need the ability to add events to a meet and then re-order them. The standard events can be used to seed the events for a meet and reordering works although it is clunky. This should probably be done with AJAX so events can be dragged and dropped into the desired order.