This morning I released beta-2 and very quickly afterward, because I found a bugs, beta-3, then beta-4 of Email Users v4.6.10. This beta-4 build addresses a couple enhancements that were recently raised in the Support Forum.
Templates – while not exactly templates per se, the Post/Page notification email will now allow the user to change the email subject and body content. It will still be initially populated based on the default template.
Hooks – there are now two hooks which other plugins and themes can use to modify the behavior of wp_mail(). The two hooks are mailusers_before_wp_mail and mailusers_after_wp_mail. The primary use for this is to account for other plugins which modify the sender address.
Additionally, the Notification email process now has a preview of what the email will look like based on the current settings. The preview will not reflect any changes made to the subject or email content until it is submitted.
This afternoon I released beta-1 of Email Users v4.6.10. This build fixes a problem reported in the Support Forum today. I will likely try and address some of the recent enhancement requests before making a formal release. It is likely that most users would not have seen this problem unless their PHP error reporting level was more strict than typical settings.
With 70+ downloads of beta-2 and no issues reported, I feel pretty good about releasing v0.70 so this morning I pushed it out. There are no changes since the last beta version with the exception of the version number change.
This morning I pushed out Email Users 4.6.9. It contains a few fixes that I had been sitting on along with an updated German translation.
I had been delaying as I planned to incorporate a couple good suggestions which are on the support forum (e.g. hooks before an after sending mail) but I simply haven’t had the time to work on new features lately. There is also good suggestion on limiting debug output to Admin users which I also plan to add.
I didn’t want to sit on the fixes I have made any longer so went ahead and released 4.6.9. You can find the update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository. The only difference between the released version and the last beta is the German translation file and the version number.
I have just posted beta-1 of Email Users v4.6.9. This build addresses an issue reported with template replacements not working correctly when using sender overrides. Additionally, I have added support for blog and author template replacements in user and group emails.
I have uploaded beta-2 of Google Forms v0.70. This build has one minor fix. While minor, it is important to me. This build fixes an issue when the Email Admin option is enabled but the Send To address is not specified. By default the Blog Admin email address should be used in this situation however no mail was being sent at all.
While looking into a Support request I discovered a bug in the generation of the jQuery validation script which caused a syntax error. This syntax error could potentially cause problems with redirection upon form submission.
While fixing the above bug I also added support for embedded images which had been requested recently. When you design your form Google now allows the insertion of images and now Google Forms will display them properly.
You can find this update on your Dashboard or in the WordPress plugin repository.
Another minor update to Google Forms to fix a bug reported late last week. It turns out I left out a named array parameter in a call to wp_update_post(). What is interesting is this problem manifests itself differently on various installations. I never saw the error reported however when the offending line was pointed out, it was obvious to me what was wrong.
This morning I released a very minor update to Google Forms. In the process of verifying that I fixed the form submission log I found a typo in one of the internationalization strings and some debug code which was still enabled. Neither issue would cause the plugin to fail but I went ahead and fixed both and released an update.