Update: Around noon EST I updated the build to beta-10 to fix another bug.
This morning I posed beta-9 of the upcoming Email Users v4.6.3 release. This build includes an updated Spanish translation as well as several new options for the BCC Limit setting targeted at sites with very large numbers of users (e.g. 4k, 13k, etc.).
This build also moves some debug code I have been using to chase down the memory issue under the control of the Email Users Debug setting (which is on the plugin settings page – Dashboard->Settings->Email Users). I have found this code to be really useful chasing down this odd memory problem however I don’t want it running all the time so putting it under the control of the debug setting makes sense. When debug is enabled, if you choose the “Send to Users” menu (Dashboard->Email Users->Send to Users) and examine the source HTML code for the page, you will find a section of code which looks similar to this:
<pre id="line1"> <select id="<a>send_users</a>" name="<a>send_users</a>" size="<a>8</a>" style="<a>width: 654px; height: 250px;</a>" multiple="<a>multiple</a>" > <!-- email-users.php::1010 --> <!-- email-users.php::1058 --> <!-- email-users.php::1059 --> <!-- Array ( [total_users] => 805 [avail_roles] => Array ( [administrator] => 1 [contributor] => 4 [editor] => 2 [subscriber] => 798 ) ) --> <!-- email-users.php::1061 --> <!-- Array ( [exclude] => 1 [fields] => Array (  => ID  => display_name ) [offset] => 0 [number] => 500 ) --> <!-- email-users.php::1063 --> <!-- email-users.php::1082 Query #1 Memory Usage: 20.5M --> <!-- email-users.php::1082 Query #2 Memory Usage: 20.5M --> <!-- 805 --> <!-- email-users.php::1116 --> <option value="<a>308</a>" ></pre>
This sort of information is tremendously helpful when chasing down odd behavior.
I am hoping to get a couple more translation updates before I do the v4.6.3 release along with some testing from a couple of sites with large user counts. In the meantime, you can download the latest beta version here.Email Users Beta (1042 downloads)